Pediatric Dermatology Manhattan
Pediatric Dermatology Manhattan Surgical Suite
Featuring state-of-the-art equipment and an expert team of hand-picked, highly-trained medical professionals, our in-office operating suite offers the utmost in safety, convenience, efficiency, and privacy. Our surgical suite is nationally accredited by the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities (AAAASF), demonstrating that we maintain the highest quality of patient care. To earn AAAASF accreditation, facilities must meet stringent national standards for equipment, operating room safety, certified personnel, and surgeon credentials.
Our office surgical suite offers patients a host of benefits:
- Safety – AAAASF accreditation ensures that the highest safety standards are in place.
- State-of-the-art equipment – Our operating room features the most advanced technology.
- Lower risk of infection – Because we focus on elective cosmetic surgery and skin surgery, there is a significantly decreased incidence of infection as compared to a hospital setting.
- Efficiency – Unlike many hospitals, our surgical schedule runs on time.
- Convenience – We control the scheduling, not the hospital. This allows us to arrange surgical dates and times when they are most convenient for you.
- Privacy – At PSD of NYC, there are no impersonal and crowded waiting rooms. Patients and their families enjoy the privacy of our on-site surgical suite and elegant recovery room.
- Personal attention – After their procedure, patients are taken to our warm and caring recovery suite, where our licensed, registered nurse will make sure they are comfortable and assist in their recovery.
- Overnight recovery – While patients can go home the same day after most procedures, we do offer several overnight recovery options, depending on your specific needs and wishes. We can arrange for private nursing care in your own home, in our comfortable recovery suites, or at one of the luxury hotels near our offices.
Procedures may also be performed in the hospital.
For some patients and certain procedures, a hospital setting for surgery may be either recommended or preferred. Dr. Jody Levine is one of only a few dermatologists who hold hospital surgical privileges, allowing her to perform pediatric dermatologic surgery at The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary. Additionally, both Dr. Elie Levine and Dr. Jody Levine also operate at the Mount Sinai Medical Center when appropriate. We would be happy to answer any questions you may have and help you decide on the best choice for your child’s specific needs.
Wherever your child has his or her procedure, you can rest assured that our entire team is dedicated to providing the highest quality care and unsurpassed personal service in order to ensure a first-class, safe, and comfortable experience for your child from initial consultation through procedure, recovery, and beyond. Dr. Levine and their friendly staff will be happy to meet with you to discuss your child’s skin care needs and how their individual condition may benefit from pediatric dermatology in Manhattan. Please call our office at 212-988-1123, or make an appointment online for a personal consultation in our New York City offices.